lunes, 20 de abril de 2020

FLASK! The science podcast 😍




HELLO GUYS!
Today I bring you a wonderful idea to do with your students and that is to develop a podcast!


My idea was to create a podcast, it would be weekly, and  the students would send by mail doubts about sciences (either social or natural) that normally are not worked in class, for example, Why do we have a navel?  Then my structure would be to welcome the podcast, to solve a couple of these curious questions that have been received from the students and as a final an activity / craft of something that the students could do at home and experience a little science.

Planning of the audio project





To make this podcast I used the application called audacity. Audacity is a free, multi-platform computer application, which can be used for audio recording and editing. It can be used for:

- Real-time audio recording.
- Edit audio files 
- Conversion between audio type formats.
- Import of MIDI, RAW and MP3 files.
- Multi-track editing.
- Adding effects to the sound 

I used it to upload the audio file and change the format as well as add the start and end melody of the podcast. In both melodies I have made the sound to decrease until my voice enters (in the initial melody) or until the podcast ends (in the ending melody).

In my opinion this application is too complex to be used by primary school students since I have already had a hard time understanding how it works. To understand how it works I had to watch several video tutorials and read several blogs where they gave some indications on its use.


Finally, I saved the audio track with the modifications in the Souncloud application. SoundCloud is an online audio distribution platform where users can collaborate, promote and distribute their music projects.

The way to distribute the music in SoundCloud is through the use of applications and widgets. It is available for iPhone and Android; and there are more than 100 applications that can work with it. It also has a Dropbox where musicians can receive audio files from their followers.

In this application I have opened a channel and then uploaded the audio track. Then I created in my channel a playlist called "Flask podcast" and included the first episode of this funny podcast.
Songs that I used for the podcast: 

Amos Moses - Jerry Reed


Greta Van Fleet - Highway Tune


Here it is my channel!

 
Here it is my playlist!



Finally, here is the first episode. I hope you like it!





Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
#BetterTogether :)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario